Apple Watch is an excellent device in terms of its display, iOS, GPS, and body, but all these are only good when the device is damage free. If the damage is because of liquid, then your repair won’t be covered by Apple.
Therefore, the number one question asked by the user is Is it possible to repair water damage on an Apple Watch? The liquid-damaged watch repair can be costly and can even go higher as the time taken to repair keeps on increasing.
These devices have become an important part of daily lives and it is impossible to think about a life without them. Moreover, with their daily usage, they are more prone to water damage. Although, it is not non-repairable it is best to bring your device to our store – iFix India.
Let’s see the signs that your Apple watch has suffered liquid damage and the possibility of repairing an Apple Watch
- Signs that your Apple Watch has suffered water damage.
- How does the water lock function work on your Apple watch?
- How to enable and disable the water lock?
- Which Apple Watch models are water resistant?
- Why should you consider iFix India as your Apple watch repair service center?
- Conclusion – Is it possible to repair water damage on an Apple Watch?
Signs that your Apple Watch has suffered water damage
There are a few signs that will tell you that your Apple Watch has suffered water damage. They are as follows:
- Corrosion – Corrosion occurs because of battery leaks or because of a short circuit in the logic board. The water flowing into the Apple Watch can not only damage the battery, and logic board but also other hardware. If you see some sort of corrosion developing on the device then it’s best to call iFix India.
- Discoloration – The Apple Watch comes in a variety of colors. If your watch comes in contact with water, the color starts fading. If you see it fading, then it is possible that your device has been damaged by water.
- Moisture in the display screen – If you have some sort of water or spot on the display screen, it is because water has entered the Apple Watch. The water can move from the screen to the internal parts of the device. Then, it is better to bring your device for repair.
- Mold growth on the charging port – If your device comes in contact with water, then there are chances that molding develops on the charging port. Hence, this is because the water has already passed through Apple Watch.
How does the water lock function work on your Apple watch?
Apple watch has a water lock that prevents the water from entering the device. This will prevent the device from incurring any physical damage to hardware parts. This feature should be used properly if you are likely to go near the water, as it will protect your device.
How to enable and disable the water lock?
If the water lock is enabled by default, you will be unable to access your Apple Watch when it is near water. To disable this setting, go to system settings on your Apple Watch and select protection to disable.
Once this is turned off, then you can indulge in any watersports. If you are a regular swimmer then this feature can help you. This feature will help you protect your Apple Watch.
Which Apple Watch models are water resistant?
Using the Apple Watch when involved in watersports should be done with caution, as faster speeds can cause water to enter the device. Apple Watch models such as Series 3, Series 4, Series 5, SE, and Series 6 have a resistance of up to 50 meters.
Why should you consider iFix India as your Apple watch repair service center?
iFix India offers the best Apple Watch repair services in Bangalore. We provide our customers with genuine OEM parts which are supplied to us by original manufacturers. We have experienced professionals with years of expertise in dealing with Apple products.
We also provide a warranty for the parts supplied by us. However, the warranty depends on the type of parts. It can range from 6 months to 1 year. If the parts are damaged within the warranty period, they will be replaced for free.
Conclusion – Is it possible to repair water damage on an Apple Watch?
In conclusion, follow the above steps to know if the water-damaged Apple Watch can be repaired or not. If your device has incurred damage that is beyond repair, then come visit our store, iFix India.
We have five stores in Bangalore. In Koramangala, Kammanahalli, Marathahalli, BEL Road, and Indiranagar 100 Feet Road. We have experts who will guide you through the entire repair process. Call iFix India at +91 7676400900 or visit our website at www.ifixindia.in
About The Author:
More posts by