When an iPhone is connected to a charger, it is possible that it will display the message “Liquid detected in lightning connector”. There is no need for the user to be concerned; this is a common problem. Furthermore, the iPhone does this to protect the device.
Even if the iPhone is IP67-certified, the liquid will almost certainly enter the device and damage the circuits. This article will explain what to do and how to do it. As a result, there are a few things you can do to solve this problem:
- Why does your iPhone say liquid detected in the first place?
- What if my iPhone is Water Resistant?
- How to get water out of your iPhone’s charging port?
- Is Wireless charging better than the normal charging method?
Why does your iPhone say liquid detected in the first place?
If you have an iPhone XS or a later model, it can detect liquid in the lightning connector. If it detects liquid, it will display a “Charging not available” with the message “Liquid detected in the lightning connector. Disconnect to allow the connector to dry. Charging now may damage your iPhone.”
If this message appears, remove the connector cable from the iPhone and set it aside to dry. As a result, we should not connect anything to the lightning connector. The liquid in the iPhone can also harm the internal hardware.
We strongly advise against using the Emergency Override option; instead, let it dry naturally in the first place. Certain procedures must be followed:
- Unplug any other cables that are connected to the device.
- Tap your device vertically to remove any excess water.
- Keep your iPhone somewhere dry. Wait 30 minutes before attempting to charge it again.
What if my iPhone is Water Resistant?
Not all iPhones are water resistant. Water resistance is available on iPhone models 8 and up. Being water resistant, however, does not imply that it is waterproof. When the device comes into direct contact with water, the hardware can still corrode and be damaged.
This is why Apple stops charging automatically and displays the message “liquid detected in the lightning connector.” Because the charging port contains metal pins, electricity passing through the port can damage the device because it contains water.
How to get water out of your iPhone’s charging port?
The iPhone is one of the most beautifully designed and developed mobile phones in recent years. It can withstand a certain amount of damage. It is also water resistant but not waterproof. However, there is a chance that your iPhone will be damaged by liquid if you spill some water or drink.
Allowing your charging port to dry is the best thing to do if there is water present. There are a few options for getting it to dry properly. These are their names:
- To begin, we must ensure that the device is not connected to any electrical cables or chargers.
- To completely remove water from the iPhone, tap it while holding it down.
- Allow 30 minutes for the lightning connector to dry if the message “liquid detected in the lightning connector” appears. Later, connect it to a charger and see if the message appears again.
- If the problem persists, repeat the first three steps and try drying it for the next 24 hours before reconnecting the charger to the charging port.
Is Wireless charging better than the normal charging method?
To use the charger, your iPhone must be completely dry. You cannot let your iPhone die while drying it. Then you have the option of using a wireless charger. Even if the entire device is submerged in water, this method is always useful.
To take advantage of this, your device must be an iPhone 8 or later. This feature is not supported by devices below iPhone 8.
Conclusion to What to do when iPhone says liquid detected
If you see “Liquid detected in the lightning connector,” proceed with the steps above. Charging your device while it is wet can cause damage to your iPhone. As a result, it is best to let the iPhone dry before connecting it to a lightning cable.
You can get iPhone repair in Bangalore from iFix India. We are spread across five different locations. Koramangala, Kamanahalli, BEL Road, Marathahalli, and Indiranagar 100 Feet Road are the locations. You can reach us by phone at +91 7676400900 or by visiting our website at www.ifixindia.in.